Atlanta Bulk Pickup • Pricing & Private Companies
Atlanta is one of the largest and most prosperous cities in the United States, and as such, it has a high-quality public services infrastructure. One of the most important services provided by the city is garbage collection, an essential service that ensures clean and orderly streets and neighborhoods.
Garbage collection in Atlanta is an efficient and well-organized service that is carried out regularly in all areas of the city, from downtown to the outlying neighborhoods. Garbage trucks collect waste from homes and businesses on a set schedule, allowing residents and merchants to plan ahead for the disposal of their waste.
- 1 How does Atlanta's garbage collection work? - All the information
- 2 How much does this service cost?
- 3 What items does this system collect?
- 4 Do you have any of these items? - Five Companies to help you get rid of them
- 5 Atlanta Pickup Service Holidays Schedule
- 6 Methods of contacting this service
- 7 What time do they pick up garbage in Atlanta?
How does Atlanta's garbage collection work? - All the information
- To get information regarding the garbage and recycling collection service in Atlanta, you will need to go to the city's website.
- Once there, you will need to go to "Government" services at the top of the page and locate the "Public Works" window.
- Once you have done this, you will be directed to a page where all the public service jobs of the city of Atlanta are presented, providing detailed information regarding all kinds of information, services, and news present there.
- For detailed information regarding the garbage collection service, you should click on the button "Office of Solid Waste Services," the specific window for all information about the garbage collection service in the city.
- Here, you will find different tools that will help you to get information about the garbage collection service; instruments such as the search calendar according to each zone, the search schedule by location, collection service in case of failure, the zonal mapping of the city, and even payment procedures.
- By scrolling down, you will find a search engine where you can enter your address to get the collection schedule in your area.
How much does this service cost?
The cost of garbage service in Atlanta varies depending on several factors, such as the type of property (residential or commercial), the amount of garbage generated, and the frequency of collection. It is important to note that the cost of garbage service in Atlanta can change over time due to factors such as fuel costs, inflation, and other operating expenses.
For residential properties, garbage collection service is included in the utility bill issued by the city. This is based on a tiered rate system based on the number of containers and frequency of collection, averaging a weekly collection that equals about $30 per month.
For commercial properties, the cost of garbage collection service depends on the size and type of business, the amount of waste generated, and the frequency of collection required. Businesses should request a custom quote from the city for the specific cost of the service.
What items does this system collect?
According to the City of Atlanta Department of Public Works website, the following items are allowed for collection by the trash collection service:
- General household waste, such as food scraps, yard waste, toilet paper, and diapers
- Furniture and large items, such as mattresses, sofas, chairs, and appliances
- Small building materials, such as wood, bricks, and tiles
- Small appliances, such as toasters, irons, and hair dryers
- Cardboard, paper, and magazines
- Plastics, such as bottles and containers
- Glass, such as bottles and jars
- Metal, such as aluminum and steel cans
It is important to note that some of these products may require special handling or specific collection. For example, some large appliances may need to be disassembled before collection and some construction materials may need to be placed in separate containers.
What items are not received?
On the other hand, there are also certain restrictions regarding the materials that will not be collected by this garbage and recycling program. If you have any of these products, you will have to hire a specialized company. Some of these products are:
- Hazardous waste, such as chemicals, paints, fuels, and batteries
- Electronic waste, such as televisions, computers, printers, and cell phones
- Automobile or bicycle tires
- Large construction debris, such as large amounts of concrete or bricks
- Medical waste, such as needles or syringes
- Dead animals
Do you have any of these items? - Five Companies to help you get rid of them
In case you have in your home or in your business any product that is part of the list prohibited by the Atlanta garbage collection system, or you need a special collection you can always contact a private company, these companies provide a specialized service focused on the best quality and care for the environment. Some of the best-rated companies in this line of business in Atlanta are the following:
|Hicks and Sons Junk Removal||(470) 592-3080|
|Stand Up Guys Junk Removal||(470) 780-2071|
|Peachtree Junk Removal||(678) 649-1338|
|Call Migo Junk Removal & Services||(470) 750-0257|
Atlanta Pickup Service Holidays Schedule
In Atlanta, the schedule of holidays that will or will not be worked is usually established with enough time in advance to take precautions. Thus, on certain holidays, the service will not work but will be suspended for at least 1 day, thus giving continuity to the next established workday. Therefore, the calendar is established as follows:
Methods of contacting this service
In case you need to contact the Atlanta garbage collection service you can do so through the following means:
- Offices: You can find them in person at Atlanta City Hall Annex or Atlanta City Hall Tower.
- Phone number: Through 404.330.6240 (Public Works Office).
- Social media: They are present on Facebook, YouTube, or Twitter.
- Email: by sending an email to email@example.com
What time do they pick up garbage in Atlanta?
Garbage collection times in Atlanta can vary depending on the area of the city and the day of the week. In general, garbage collection takes place between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
However, it is important to note that the City of Atlanta has an established collection schedule for each zone, and this schedule may change on holidays or due to adverse weather conditions. Therefore, residents and merchants are advised to check the trash collection schedule for their area and check with the City's Department of Public Works for any changes to the collection schedule.
In addition, residents and merchants are also advised to have their garbage ready for collection at the appropriate time, as garbage trucks may come by at any time between established collection times. This means that garbage should be ready for collection early in the morning of the respective day, and garbage should not be left on the street for extended periods of time to avoid safety or public health issues.