Birmingham Trash Pickup • Pick-up program, schedules and prices
In a family household, it is estimated that almost 1 kilogram of waste or garbage can accumulate daily. This would mean that we would have almost 7 or 8 kilograms of waste per week that, clearly, we cannot let accumulate, much less spread it unconsciously around the city. And that's where the hard work of the Birmingham City Neighborhood Cleanup System's collection and street cleaning comes in.
This year, more than 100,000 waste containers were distributed among residences and commercial sites. This was done in an effort to further optimize the cleanup work that benefits all citizens in general. On the other hand, certain modifications or alterations were made regarding the recycling system's programming. All citizens, local and foreign, should keep abreast of all updates.
- 1 Looking for your city's collection program? Here's how to find it
- 2 What is the price for this service?
- 3 What are acceptable items for garbage collection?
- 4 What products are not accepted?
- 5 If you have products that they do not accept, it is time to hire a private company!
- 6 Do you have recycling products? Then check out the collection schedule here
- 7 Is there garbage collection on holidays?
- 8 Do they have means of contact to facilitate communication?
- 9 What is the specific garbage collection schedule?
Looking for your city's collection program? Here's how to find it
If you have not previously had contact with the official Birmingham government website, it can be a bit confusing. The section where it is located is at a different email address, but you can find it from the path we're going to detail below.
- When you find yourself on the Birmingham Government home page, scroll down slightly until you get to the main menu, in which they begin to divide into sections all the elements that make up the organization of the city. Once there, you must click on the option "City directory".
- Once you are there, you must click on the "Public Works" section. You can also perform this search through the information manager located at the top of this menu. It will automatically present you with all the public departments that pertain to the Birmingham government.
- Under the first option, titled "Department of Public Works", you will find a link that says "Visit our website", in which you should enter.
- The page will proceed to redirect you to the main website of the Birmingham government's public works department. In the first instance, you will notice that there is a heading that says "Helpful links" and the first option available is "Looking for Bulk Trash pickup updates? Go here".
- When you click on the aforementioned section, you will immediately be able to view absolutely all of the detailed information about the waste collection program.
What is the price for this service?
Although the work of Birmingham's waste collection department is considered or categorized as a public service, it is not free. In order for the workers, machinery, and management to continue to function perfectly, they require monetary income from the citizens. The city government has established that all Birmingham residents must pay a quarterly fee of $45 to $75 per family.
Of course, in addition to the curbside collection that normally takes place every week, this department also provides alternate or extra services. For example, if you wish to have the collectors come directly to your home to pick up waste at your door, it costs $76.20 or up to $105.75 every three months. Also, if you require a scheduled collection to come to your dumpster it can cost from $56 to $98.
What are acceptable items for garbage collection?
When you put your trash in the dumpster, you should be aware of which products or items you should not dispose of, since they represent a risk threat to workers and the city in general. Therefore, if you still do not know which items are allowed or accepted by the collection service, we will not list them. The waste collection service allows the disposal of:
- Yard waste, as long as it is in plastic bags
- Small furniture and mattresses
- Wooden doors
- Small appliances such as microwaves or vacuum cleaners
- Paper or cardboard products
- Plastic items or cans
- Stoves, refrigerators, and ovens
What products are not accepted?
It is equally important to visualize and understand which items are not allowed to be disposed of in the dumpsters. The reason is simple, these are items that are bulky, heavy, or dangerous and could jeopardize the collection workflow. Therefore, if you wish to dispose of any of the products we will proceed to mention you should consult the availability of a private collection company.
- Bags weighing more than 10 kg of any type of waste will not be collected by the neighborhood sanitation service
- Construction waste or residues: bricks, plaster, sand, cement, asbestos, among others
- Large debris from gardening work such as logs or bulky or long branches
- Any glass products or furniture
- Any type of mobile vehicle or its tires: car, motorcycle, or bicycle
- Chemical products that are flammable or toxic
- Gas containers
If you have products that they do not accept, it is time to hire a private company!
Although the products we mentioned above are not accepted at the time of neighborhood waste collection, there is definitely someone who can help you. There are almost 1,000 registered household and commercial waste collection companies in the city. Of course, each one handles different rates or prices for this work, so do not hesitate to consult the costs and availability of any of the companies mentioned.
|Junk Busters - Rubbish Removal Birmingham||447 404 360 379|
|Junk Junkies Waste Removal Services LTD||447 731 761 244|
|The Best Rubbish Removal Birmingham||441 213 145 010|
|Bin & Gone Waste Removals||447 377 551 051|
|We Remove Any Rubbish||448 000 025 253|
Do you have recycling products? Then check out the collection schedule here
Previously, Birmingham's collection service ran one program for trash cleanup and another for recycling. However, to avoid overwork for the collectors who make the daily runs this was changed to a more flexible alternative. So now, if you want to sort and recycle products you must leave your recycling garbage can at the curb on the first Wednesday of each month starting at 6 am.
Is there garbage collection on holidays?
When you go through the procedure to get the garbage collection schedule on the website you will also be able to view the list of holidays. These are dates decreed as national holidays, therefore they are established as non-working days for public workers. Therefore, on any of these dates, the schedule published by the garbage and recycling department will be delayed by 1 day.
|Christmas||No garbage collection|
|New Year's Day||No garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving||No garbage collection|
|Independence Day||No garbage collection|
|Labor Day||No garbage collection|
|Memorial Day||No garbage collection|
Do they have means of contact to facilitate communication?
Due to the indispensability of this service to the entire Birmingham community, multiple channels of contact with the company have been established. So that any citizen can make pertinent questions or complaints about the service, as the case may be.
- Website: Currently, as we mentioned, you can find all kinds of information about this and other public departments of Birmingham through its official website.
- Phone: Although no customer service number is established, you can receive any kind of update about the service by typing "BHAMREADY" to 888-777.
- Email: To manage requests or send any complaint regarding the service you can email the address email@example.com.
- Social Media: Like many other organizations, Birmingham City Government has also joined the digital world through the most popular social media platforms. Such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
What is the specific garbage collection schedule?
The only way the citizens of Birmingham can be assured that their containers will be properly collected by the collection service is by following the schedule. All users are reminded that the garbage and recycling cleanup and collection service operates on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays. Starting exactly its collection route from 7 am to 7 pm.
Therefore, citizens are advised to have their containers properly closed and placed at the curb while waiting for the cleaning service. If you have forgotten to take out your garbage on your neighborhood's scheduled day, you will have to wait for the next scheduled collection. Failing that, call a private waste collection service.