Brookhaven Recycling schedule 2023 • Hours & Holidays
Brookhaven is a place that has a strong commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility. As part of this commitment, the town has implemented a recycling program that aims to reduce waste and promote recycling of materials.
This calendar is an important resource for residents who want to do their part in protecting the environment by properly disposing of their recyclable materials. By following the calendar and participating in the recycling program, residents can help reduce the amount of waste that ends up in landfills and contribute to a cleaner, healthier community.
- 1 Steps to find Brookhaven's collection program
- 2 Pricing for service in Brookhaven
- 3 Products you can dispose of with the collection program
- 4 Five private companies that will take away any garbage
- 5 Is there garbage collection on holidays?
- 6 Do they have means of contact to facilitate communication?
- 7 Here's what Brookhaven's collection schedule looks like
Steps to find Brookhaven's collection program
- The first thing you need to do is log on to the Brookhaven government's home page.
- On the website, you will find on the left side of services the option "Government." Place your cursor over that and a drop-down menu will pop up.
- Go to "Departments" and scroll down to "Recycling & Garbage Collection."
- In this section, you will see several options. To view the recycling schedule, click on "View Recycling Schedule (PDF)" and you will see a PDF with all the information.
- Now, for the trash schedule, click on "Trash Pickup Days."
- This will show you the specific days when the service will pick up garbage in all the zones.
Pricing for service in Brookhaven
In general, in Brookhaven, New York, the cost of the recycling program is funded through the municipal budget and there is no additional charge to residents for the recyclables collection service. This means that residents can place their recyclables in recycling garbage cans or bags that are collected free of charge.
In addition, Brookhaven's Environmental Services Department offers the option to purchase Curby recycling cans for a cost of $20. These Curby garbage cans are large and are designed specifically for the collection of recyclables. Residents can purchase them at the city hall and use them for the collection of recyclables in place of recycling bags.
Another option offered by Brookhaven's waste and recycling department is the ability to obtain a paper recycling garbage can free of charge. Residents can choose the collection site for free and place the garbage can at that location. This way, they can collect and recycle paper more efficiently.
Products you can dispose of with the collection program
- Animal waste
- Household appliances, small
- Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D and 9 Volt)
- Charcoal and wood ashes
- Glass/ceramics/loose mirrors
- Medical waste (syringes, sharps, IV tubing, dressings)
- Smoke detectors
Products that are not accepted
- Animal carcasses, deceased
- Boats, whole or cut up, jet skis, other motorized vehicles
- Car/truck/boat batteries
- Cement, Concrete Blocks
- Construction or demolition debris (asphalt, contractor-generated debris, and major renovations)
- Paint of all types
- Railroad ties
- Propane, helium, oxygen, acetylene, Freon, scuba tanks
- Truck caps
Five private companies that will take away any garbage
There are several private companies that offer trash and recycling collection services to residents and businesses. These companies compete with the local government's Department of Environmental Services.
They all have different garbage and recycling collection services and packages, which may include the collection of solid waste, recyclables, yard waste, construction and demolition debris, and other types of waste.
Private trash and recycling collection companies can offer competitive pricing and customized options to meet customers' specific needs. These include:
|Lavis Valet Waste Solutions||1 404-702-6065|
|Town of Brookhaven Landfill||1 631-286-2828|
|Brookhaven Waste Management||1 631-451-8696|
|Winters brothers||1 516-937-0900 or 1 631-491-4923|
|H&J Long island Junk Removal||1 631-250-28873|
Is there garbage collection on holidays?
During some holidays, the schedule may vary. In this section, we will let you know which days to change the garbage collection schedule in Brookhaven:
|New Year's||No garbage collection|
|Christmas||No garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving Day||No garbage collection|
Do they have means of contact to facilitate communication?
Both the local government's Department of Environmental Services and private trash and recycling collection companies in Brookhaven usually have means of contact to facilitate communication with customers. Below you will get some means of contact that you can use to communicate with them:
- Website: The official website of the Brookhaven Department of Environmental Services and private garbage and recycling collection companies typically contain useful information, such as collection schedules, rates, and service policies, as well as contact forms to submit questions or comments.
- Phone: You can call Brookhaven's waste and recycling department or the service provider in your area to obtain information about garbage and recycling collection services, ask specific questions, or report problems or concerns related to garbage and recycling collection. The contact number is (631) 451-8696.
- Social media: provide information through different networks such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter to offer quality service to all area residents.
Here's what Brookhaven's collection schedule looks like
Brookhaven's garbage and recycling collection schedule is Monday through Friday and Sunday, starting at 6 am, and residents are encouraged to have both their recycling and garbage items ready for collection. These days are divided by item; Monday and Tuesday, household waste is collected; Wednesday is mandatory recycling day; Thursday and Friday are for household waste and bulk items and on Sundays, they collect yard waste. Yard waste must be bagged one day before collection in a separate container from household waste.