Bulky Item Pickup Honolulu • Collection Schedule & Prices
We almost always have large items or products that we no longer need in the home, these are discarded or moved by a specialized service in charge of collecting your things and freeing up space in the house.
In the city of Honolulu, this service benefits more than 100,000 families and represents an important point in the city's population management. This must be contracted in advance and have a series of fundamental considerations, such as, for example, its price, how often you should ask for the service, what products it accepts and the schedule that exists for this.
- 1 Request a Bulky item pickup Honolulu program for this 2023.
- 2 What is the price of this bulky item collection?
- 3 What items are acceptable for home pickup?
- 4 Top 5 private companies that will help you with the collection of unaccepted products
- 5 Do you have recycling products? Then find out the collection schedule here
- 6 Does the garbage collection service work on holidays?
- 7 Do they have means of contact to facilitate communication?
- 8 What are the specific hours for the collection of garbage and bulky items?
Request a Bulky item pickup Honolulu program for this 2023.
- The first thing you will need to do is to enter here
- There you will see a menu of options. Place the cursor on the part that says "Trash Collection and Disposal".
- When you hover on the tab, you will see it says "Bulky item pickup."
- In that section, you will find all the required informal,tion and you will also see the possibility to enter your home address and request an appointment to perform this action. You must consider the considerations that appear at the bottom of this section.
- You can also request this collection service through 768-3200 and selecting option "0."
What is the price of this bulky item collection?
The good thing about this state service is that it is paid for by city taxes (which one also contributes to); in this section, one must consider the number of products indicated and be quite specific when placing the residence addresses.
In the case of hiring a local company, costs can range from $75 to $100 minimum, estimating the address provided, the items to be picked up and the hour of work, which is stipulated to be between $40 and $45 for this labour.
What items are acceptable for home pickup?
It is essential to have a number of products to consider in this pickup section. For single-family homes, up to five bulky waste items and two metal appliances can be disposed of with the state service. Among the bulky, we can have:
If we refer to appliances, these can be microwaves, blenders, refrigerators, and ovens, among other things. The height of the items should be a maximum of 6 feet and 60 pounds weight. If you wish to discard more items, you must contact the state numbers and indicate the exact amount of items to be discarded.
These products must be organized; whether for a state or private service, the materials must be indicated in the remote management to know the costs and to consider the schedule to work.
These products will not be accepted!
This state service has a number of considerations and products that are not collected; for example, if you do not schedule an appointment, this function cannot be exercised either if the address provided is not clarified.
Products that can fit in a regular dumpster are also not picked up as well as those that are for a specific type of business, such as:
- Lawn mowers
Dangerous or toxic objects must be packed to avoid problems, as well as glass or, in certain cases, dismountable products, which must be secured and comply with the established measures.
Similarly, there should be no food or waste in the items or appliances to be thrown away, the order in this area will facilitate the experts in their function. These wastes can be removed and placed in a normal trash can.
Top 5 private companies that will help you with the collection of unaccepted products
Private companies or services are handled in a much simpler way and may have fewer considerations when taking their product to be disposed of.
These companies not only take the desired items but also provide a cleaning service in those affected areas and recycle the materials they obtain, having more organization and many times efficiency in the action provided. Some options can be seen here:
|Kanais Rolloff||(800) 594-1349|
|Wikiwiki Junk Removal||(808) 458-4018|
|Honolulu Disposal Services||(808) 845-7581|
Do you have recycling products? Then find out the collection schedule here
- Click here.
- Go to the tab that says "Quick links"
- At the bottom you will see an item that says "View Your Cart Collection Schedule", there you can see the schedules and dates of garbage and recycling collection
- Using the map, we can select a home address to know this information more specifically. If there are changes in days or times, those affected will be notified by mail in advance
Does the garbage collection service work on holidays?
Holidays are numerous in the United States and the statewide service in Honolulu for garbage, recyclables and bulky item collection is managed in this manner regarding holidays:
|New Year||No trash pickup|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Presidents' Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Memorial Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Independence Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Labor Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Veterans Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Christmas Day||No trash pickup|
|Election Day||Regular garbage collection|
Do they have means of contact to facilitate communication?
The Honolulu bulky object collection service has several channels of communication where we can require their services, these are:
- Website: the website has different functions not only for bulky materials collection but also for recycling and garbage. In it, we can find the option that best suits what we want
- Phone: You can call 768-3200 and it has different options to proceed
- Email: Their email is email@example.com, in this you can send any complaint or request corresponding to the collection of bulky items, recyclables, among others
- Social Networks: They have a presence on Facebook and Twitter
What are the specific hours for the collection of garbage and bulky items?
The schedule starts at 6 am and ends at 6 pm for the collection of these products or bulky items in the state service; in this case, only one appointment per month can be made.
These items, in the case of garbage or recycling, must be present at the curb for collection in dumpsters. Trucks pass by every week on pre-established days. If you provide the wrong address or the bulky items are not out of the house at the scheduled time, they will not be able to pick them up at the scheduled appointment.
You as a customer can file complaints on the website or by calling the state number indicated, with reliable evidence of what happened. Private companies use the service many times from 7 or 8 am until 5 or 6 pm, depending on the appointments and distance travelled.