Trash Collection Fort Worth • Pick-up times, prices and contact
Garbage collection is an essential service in any modern city, and Fort Worth is no exception. Normally in the United States this service is carried out by a government entity in charge of ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of the city. In the case of Fort Worth, the responsibility for this service falls upon the Environmental Services Department, which is dedicated to collecting and disposing of the solid waste generated by the city's inhabitants.
This service is essential to maintain the hygiene and sanitation of the city, and the Fort Worth Environmental Services Department works hard to accomplish this task efficiently and effectively. Thus, garbage collection is performed regularly in all neighborhoods of the city, collecting and properly disposing of all waste, all under an established protocol that seeks to ensure the welfare of the community and the environment.
- 1 Fort Worth 2023 Garbage Collection Schedule
- 2 How much does this service usually cost?
- 3 List of Products Accepted by the Fort Worth Collection Program
- 4 How can I dispose of unaccepted products?
- 5 Does the Fort Worth collection service work on holidays?
- 6 Means of contact for service facilitation
- 7 What time is garbage pickup usually scheduled?
Fort Worth 2023 Garbage Collection Schedule
- To get information about Fort Worth's garbage collection program in 2023, you must first go to the city's mobile portal.
- Once here, you should go to the "Garbage & Recycling" section. In this portal, you will find all the information regarding the garbage collection program and related information that may be useful to you, from informative articles to the mapping program where you will find specific information on the terms of garbage and recycling collection.
- Now, once you are in the "Garbage & Recycling" section of the City of Fort Worth's web portal, to get specific information about the garbage and recycling collection schedule, you will need to make use of the search engine presented there. Enter your address, and you will have a schedule and date of pickup.
- Similarly, if you select the "Garbage Service" box, you will find more details about the service.
As for the recycling service, you can also click on "Recycling" to get the details.
- Both services will give you the option to search by your city and download a calendar to get more details about the service in your area. That way, you'll have a reminder every week.
How much does this service usually cost?
One point worth clarifying is the fact that the garbage collection service in Fort Worth is provided by the city's environmental services department. It is therefore that this service is funded by property taxes and utility fees. In other words, the cost of monthly garbage collection is directly included in the monthly utility bill, which is directly reflected in each household's utility bill.
Likewise, the exact cost of garbage collection in Fort Worth can vary depending on different factors such as location, size of the property, and even the amount of waste. An average household should expect to pay between $20 and $30 monthly for garbage collection service in the city.
On the other hand, in addition to the traditional garbage collection service, this department also offers additional specialized services. These collection services focus on special acts such as bulky garbage collection or construction debris removal. However, these additional services have additional costs and must be scheduled in advance through contact with the department.
List of Products Accepted by the Fort Worth Collection Program
Through its website, the Fort Worth Department of Environmental Services has a list of products that are accepted or not accepted in the garbage collection system. This list is assembled considering the collection and treatment processes of the products, in addition, it focuses a lot on giving good treatment to products that may affect the environment.
Some of the products that are accepted by the program are:
- Organic and biodegradable food, gardening, and other services
- Newspapers, office paper, envelopes, cardboard boxes, and other such materials
- Plastic bottles, cups, bags, and containers
- Glass bottles and jars that are not broken
- Aluminum cans, tin cans, metal pots, and pans
- Clothes, shoes, blankets, curtains, and fabric or textile materials
It is important to note that some accepted products may have special requirements. For example, organic waste must be placed in compostable bags to ensure proper treatment at the composting facility. In addition, glass products must be placed in separate containers to avoid breakage and injury.
What products are not accepted?
Some materials are not accepted by the Fort Worth trash collection system. Either because of their specialized collection service or because these may be harmful to both humans and the environment. These include products:
- electronic products
- other hazardous materials
These materials must be disposed of properly at specific designated disposal sites. designated disposal sites. The Department of Environmental Services offers recycling and safe disposal programs for these materials for the community. However, there is also the possibility of contracting private companies to collect these materials.
How can I dispose of unaccepted products?
In case you need a specialized company to clean up products that are not accepted by the environmental services department, here is a list that may be useful for you:
|HKLO LOGISTICS||(214) 861-8647|
|Builder Services||(817) 646-7005|
|Junk King Fort Worth||(817) 591-7900|
|Stand Up Guys Junk Removal||(469) 833-3252|
|Haul It Off Lopez||(972) 564-8154|
Does the Fort Worth collection service work on holidays?
Regarding holidays, the Fort Worth garbage collection system's website lists which days the service will continue to operate and which days it will not. This considers that it will only be changed on specific holidays that fall on a weekday and service will be restored the following day. You can look at the following guide:
|New Year||No garbage collection|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Presidents' Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Memorial Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Independence Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Labor Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Veterans Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving Day||No garbage collection|
|Christmas Day||No garbage collection|
Means of contact for service facilitation
In case you have any questions regarding the garbage collection service, you may contact this department through the following means:
- Customer service contact: a help desk is available during business hours at 817-392-1234. This service will provide you with all the help possible and will respond to any inconvenience you may have at the moment.
- Online form: On the Fort Worth Utilities Department website, you can fill out an online form to report garbage collection problems, request special services, or ask questions about garbage collection.
- Email: You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask questions or report trash collection issues.
- Social Media: The Fort Worth Utilities Department maintains profiles on various social media sites, such as Twitter, Nextdoor, YouTube, and Facebook, where you can get updates on trash collection and ask questions.
What time is garbage pickup usually scheduled?
The garbage collection schedule in Fort Worth may vary depending on the area in which your residence is located. In general, most trash collection routes begin at 7:00 a.m., and dumpsters are expected to be at the curb before that time. However, it is possible that in some areas garbage collection may begin earlier or later.