College Station Recycling Schedule • Schedules, Prices & Pick-up Schedule
College Station is a small city located in the state of Texas and, as its name suggests, is a place where students, families, museums, and educational institutions abound. Although it is not as well known as its sister communities, it is still a pleasant, quiet, and harmonious place to live and enjoy. Because it is home to nearly 95,000 residents, both native and foreign, it requires a dedicated government that can ensure the cleanliness of the city as a whole.
Daily, tons of waste or garbage are discarded, apart from recyclable materials, which clearly need to be transported and managed away from the city. And that is precisely the job of the sanitation, waste collection, and recyclables management department run by the College Station government. Under a strict and regulated schedule, they go through different areas of the city.
- 1 Step-by-Step guide to finding the trash and recycling schedule in College Station
- 2 Pricing established for garbage collection in College Station
- 3 Products that will be accepted in the garbage collection service
- 4 Do not be afraid if you have products that are not accepted, as private companies will help you
- 5 Holidays on which service will be affected
- 6 Do you have means of contact to facilitate communication?
- 7 Established collection schedules in College Station
Step-by-Step guide to finding the trash and recycling schedule in College Station
The best way to consult accurate information about public departments and other government services and systems in College Station is through the official website. It publishes all the details regarding the operation, regulations, and latest news of high interest to the inhabitants of this city. In this case, about the specific schedule of residential waste collection.
- Go to the home page of the official website of the City of College Station
- You will need to go to the "Departments & City Hall" section, then click on the "Public Works Department" option.
- You will automatically be taken to the division designated to provide information pertaining to the various public works departments. First, you will see the contacts they handle for customer service, and as you scroll down, you will see different radio buttons. Click on the one that says: "Solid Waste & Recycling program."
- Again, you will be directed to an interface designed solely to provide information about the solid waste collection and recycling service department. Scroll down again to be presented with another radio button, this time, choose the first statement "View Collection Schedules."
- You will immediately be presented with the browser or search tool for the city's collection schedules. When you enter your exact address, it will show you the upcoming collection dates for garbage, recycling, bulk, and brush collection.
Pricing established for garbage collection in College Station
While it may come as a surprise to many, although this service is considered a public job run by the government, it is completely paid for, since this department requires financial support not only from the city government but from all residents of College Station. Since 2006, the monthly fee to be paid by citizens has been reduced to $14.40 to $16.00 to receive the service.
It should be clarified that the amounts mentioned above that must be paid for garbage collection only apply to residences or neighborhoods. Therefore, in case you are a legal or commercial entity, you need to call the customer service department of the urban sanitation department of the city, as these are the only ones that can process and establish a monthly fee for this type of organization, although you can also hire a private service.
Products that will be accepted in the garbage collection service
One of the big clarifications made by the government of College Station is that, although this service was designed to collect waste, not all waste is accepted. This is because, in an effort to maintain a safe and efficient operation, certain items or objects are restricted from collection. But, mainly, we believe it is convenient to begin by mentioning those products that can be discarded and collected by the urban cleaning system.
- Plastic wrappings or containers, which are not recyclable
- Paper or cardboard products
- Organic or food waste, remember to keep them in a tightly closed plastic bag
- Items for personal hygiene and care
- Accessories or ornaments
- Garden waste, as long as it is not too long or bulky
- Toys in poor condition
Products that will not be picked up by the College Station service
On the other hand, we should mention that these are items that under no circumstances should be found in public waste collection containers. This is because they are considered high-risk products for the people who work in the collection. In addition, they have a hazardous composition that, in the short or long term, will result in a natural disaster or, on a smaller scale, can seriously damage the ecosystem.
- Household cleaning chemicals
- Any type of spare part or part of a vehicle (car, motorcycle, or bicycle)
- Electronic devices: laptops, desktop computers, cell phones, cables, consoles, monitors
- Household appliances: microwaves, refrigerators, heaters
- Cell phones
- Light bulbs or fluorescent tubes
- Chemical products for gardening
- Debris or construction material waste
- Toxic and flammable liquids
- Medicines or biomedical material
Do not be afraid if you have products that are not accepted, as private companies will help you
It should be noted that if any of these items are present at the time of collection, they may cause your container to be set aside. You may even receive a notice from the public solid waste collection and recyclable material management department. Therefore, if you have one or more of these prohibited items, the best option is to contact a private garbage collection company.
|BVR Waste & Recycling||1 979 260 0006|
|BCS Junk Removal||1 979 985 6541|
|Reclaim Junk Removal||1 979 446 3067|
|Brazos Valley Solid Waste Management Agency, Inc||1 979 764 3832|
|BCS Dumpster Services LLC||1 936 870 5464|
Holidays on which service will be affected
In the same tab or interface designed for the solid waste and recyclables collection department, you can find the schedule of holidays. This refers to those dates on which the diligent urban cleaning service will not perform its usual route through the scheduled areas. Since these dates are considered national holidays, which are decreed non-working days for public workers to rest at home.
|Martin Luther King Jr||Regular business day for ALL COLLECTIONS|
|Memorial Day||Regular business day for ALL COLLECTIONS|
|Independence Day||Regular business day for ALL COLLECTIONS|
|Labor Day||Regular business day for ALL COLLECTIONS|
|Veteran's Day||Normal garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday’s routes will be collected on Friday / Friday’s routes will be collected on Saturday|
|Christmas Day||Monday's routes will be collected on Tuesday / Tuesday's routes will be collected on Wednesday / Wednesday's routes will be collected on Thursday / Thursday’s routes will be collected on Friday / Friday’s routes will be collected on Saturday|
|New Year's||No garbage collection|
|President's Day||Normal garbage collection|
|Juneteenth||Regular business day for ALL COLLECTIONS|
|Columbus Day / Indigenous Peoples' Day Yes to Columbus Day||Normal garbage collection|
|Good Friday||Regular business day for ALL COLLECTIONS|
Do you have means of contact to facilitate communication?
A service as indispensable as waste collection and recycling management requires channels of attention and dissemination that are accessible to all citizens. Therefore, considering that its vision is to provide efficient, timely, and transparent work, different communication channels have been implemented. Not only to get truthful information but also to manage claims or problems with the reception of the service.
- Website: From any device that can connect to the internet, it is possible to access and consult the different sections that organize the City of College Station
- Telephone: Because, as mentioned, there are multiple departments with different functions in the city, it is common to have different numbers for citizen services. If you have a problem or complaint about the performance of the neighborhood sanitation department, you can contact the public works division. Call: 979-764-3690 and you will be immediately attended to by a customer support operator.
- Social Media: For most citizens, the most accessible and easiest way to stay informed about what's going on in the city is through social media. You can follow the city of College Station on the most recognized digital platforms: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Here, all the information that is shared is completely verified and updated.
Established collection schedules in College Station
As such, it is established that each week from Monday through Friday, designated waste collectors from the waste collection department travel throughout the City of College Station. They are responsible for emptying all containers on the collection list from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., excluding holidays. Citizens are encouraged to put their containers out at the curb beginning at 6 a.m. on the scheduled days.