Denver Trash Schedule 2023 • New hours, pickup days and information
Denver's solid garbage collection schedules changed in January 2023. Waste collection in Denver is conducted every week. Collection trucks pass through once a week to pick up waste from each neighborhood. To make garbage removal easier for neighbors, they can access information about the garbage schedule and be aware of when the garbage truck comes by.
Recycling is a fundamental part of garbage collection in Denver, as it is a way to recover objects, items, and materials for reuse. However, there are some types of garbage that the garbage collectors will not be able to take away, and you will need to take them to the nearest garbage collection point to your home.
- 1 Bulk Trash Map and large item pickup in Denver
- 2 What is a Bulky Item?
- 3 Instructions for Large Item Pickup in Denver
- 4 Private Garbage & Recycling collection companies in Denver
- 5 Waste Management Schedule in Denver
- 6 Denver Trash Pickup Contact Information
Bulk Trash Map and large item pickup in Denver
If you have big waste, you will probably need an extra trash day collection to dispose of bulk trash (large, bulky items). These items cannot be placed in regular trash containers, for example, a piece of furniture or an appliance, such as a refrigerator.
The geospatialDENVER website provides a waste collection map showing the various divisions and Denver's Waste Service Schedule by location. You can find out if the garbage truck comes through your area on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays. You can also check other significant garbage pickup service locations and access specific information about the places where you can take your large garbage.
IMPORTANT: Depending on the type and quantity of large items, there may be charges associated with door-to-door collection.
Denver Trash pickup calendar
The large item collection service is once a month. To know the collection dates for large items, log on to the Denver government website under "Recycle, Compost, Trash: Collection Schedules and Reminders". Enter your home address in the "Calendar" section for the large Denver trash schedule.
You can also find the addresses, hours of operation, maps, and much more information about large garbage pickup locations by entering the "Waste Directory" and entering the name of the material you wish to dispose of (mattresses, electronics, batteries, microwaves, etc.).
Trash pickup hours in Denver
Follow a few simple steps to find information about the garbage pickup schedule and large garbage pickup hours on the trash pickup map.
- Go to the official website of the Solid Waste Service Schedule maps.
- Enter "Denver" or your address in the search bar at the top left side of the screen.
- Click on the map to find the location with precise data.
- You can zoom in on the area where you live to find out what color you are.
- Monday: Violet.
- Tuesday: Red.
- Wednesday: Blue.
- Thursday: Green.
- Click on the colored box of the zone to know the large and regular garbage collection days.
What is a Bulky Item?
Bulky items are large items that cannot be thrown in a trash bag or dumpster. Bulky items are typically items such as furniture, mattresses, appliances, bulky sports equipment, old televisions, and anything else that exceeds the above limit.
The maximum quantities of large items the garbage truck can pick up depend on the weight and size of the large items to dispose of. These heavier, bulky items usually require unique collection methods. Generally, each zone is assigned a garbage collection day.
Up to 5 large items
- Carpet and rugs: Carpets and rugs should be rolled in pieces, weigh no more than 50 pounds per piece, and not exceed 4 feet in height.
- Exercise equipment: treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical machine, rowing machine, weight bench, etc.
- Furniture: sofas, armchairs, chairs, dressers, tables, and TV stands.
- Large toys and bicycles: visit the recycling website for these items.
- Mattresses and box springs: To dispose of mattresses, you can do so with Springback Colorado, but they will charge you a fee.
- Old trash containers: If you need to dispose of a container, make a sign that says "take away bin", "to-go container", or something similar.
- Toilets and sinks: One per monthly pickup.
Less than 10 bags
- Bundled branches.
- Grass clippings.
- Household trash.
Instructions for Large Item Pickup in Denver
Waste Management collects extra trash in bags along with large items every month. For Denver's garbage collection truck to pick up waste in an orderly fashion and help keep the city clean, officials provided some tips that should be followed to maintain order and respect spaces.
- Soil items and bags weighing less than 50 pounds and no more than 32 gallons should be placed in containers.
- Do not dispose of garbage in cardboard boxes, as they are recyclable.
- Check the Denver Trash Schedule in your area and take out the garbage before 7 am, which is the time when the garbage truck can come by.
- Place the extra trash in the same place where you usually place your garbage. If you are an Alley customer, you must set the trash behind the property.
- Items must be visible within two feet of any everyday obstructions, such as cars or light poles.
- It is illegal to put out large garbage when this garbage collector does not pass through, so you must put out large trash on the day corresponding to your area.
Since January 2023, Denver citizens have been charged for garbage collection services based on the garbage container size. In other words, the smaller the dumpster, the lower the final fee.
Private Garbage & Recycling collection companies in Denver
In Denver, there are several private garbage collection companies and disposal services in addition to the garbage collection service provided by the city. These private companies collect waste from homes, businesses, and other facilities, offering an alternative to public garbage collection. Let's take a look at some of them:
|Junk King Denver||(720) 571-1088|
|Junk Be Gone||(720) 583-0979|
|Blue Bear Waste Services||(720) 500-5282|
|LoadUp Junk Removal||(844) 239-7711|
Waste Management Schedule in Denver
Waste Management is one of North America's leading integrated waste management companies. Since its creation in 1968, it has become one of the largest and most recognized companies in recycling and waste. The company specializes in the trash collection, transportation, processing, landfill management, and recycling of various types of waste, including street, household, liquid, solid, hazardous, medical, construction, and demolition.
In fact, one of Waste Management Denver's most outstanding services is consulting services and customized solutions so that each management is efficient and environmentally friendly. Among the solutions provided by Waste Management in Denver are:
- Total Resource Management.
- Transportation Management.
- On-Site Services.
- Industrial Waste.
- Hazardous Waste.
- Oil & Gas.
- Residential Services.
To find out where to dispose of waste in Denver andDenver Trash Schedule , either and South Metro Station, or Management Facility (Disposal), follow a few simple steps:
- Go to the official WMSolutions website.
- Select your State/Province, ZIP/Postal code, Distance (miles), and Waste Type or Service if you want to check for Non-Hazardous Waste, Hazardous Waste, or Oilfield/Energy Services.
- Click on "Search" and find the facility.
Waste Management Recycling Schedule
If you want to recycle in Denver, you can do it with WMSolutions, since they provide the possibility to recycle waste and offer waste collection. A clear example of recycling in Denver is All Recycling - North, located at 5350 Washington, 80216. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 5:30 am to 5:00 pm, and Saturdays from 7:00 am to 2:00 pm. You can check the recycling day and Denver recycling schedule at the WM Trash Pickup Service website.
Waste Management Pickup Holidays Hours
Below are the garbage schedules for Denver's different Denver Trash Pickup Holidays. The programs are valid for both D&R and South Metro Transfer Station and Denver Arapahoe Disposal Site (DADS).
Denver Trash Pickup Contact Information
If you have any questions regarding waste collection and recycling in Denver, please do not hesitate to contact the City and County of Denver Garbage Collection Service.
- Tel Service: 311.
- Denver Trash: 720-913-1311.
- TTY Hearing Impaired Only: 720-913-8479.
- Social Media:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CityofDenver
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CityandCountyofDenver/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/therealcityofdenver/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Denver8TV