Bulk Trash OKC • Unaccepted garbage and contact of the collection system
Oklahoma City is a city in constant growth and development, which makes it one of the most important cities in the state of Oklahoma. Therefore, to maintain its image and offer a good quality of life to its citizens, it is essential to have an efficient garbage collection service, which will have in its way the primary mission to ensure the cleanliness and sanitation of the city to prevent the accumulation of waste.
In this way, Oklahoma City's garbage collection service is presented as one of the most efficient and organized in the region. It is in the hands of the city's Public Services department, which is responsible for garbage management and collection. In this way, it seeks to guarantee fast and effective attention to all areas of the city, along with recycling and special waste management programs.
- 1 How to find details of the bulk trash collection program in OKC in 2023?
- 2 How much does garbage collection service in OKC usually cost?
- 3 Here's what products are accepted by the program
- 4 Private companies that collect unaccepted items in OKC!
- 5 How can I find information about the recycling schedule in OKC?
- 6 Is there a holiday garbage collection?
- 7 Contact the City of OKC to discuss trash pickup
- 8 What time do you pick up trash in OKC?
How to find details of the bulk trash collection program in OKC in 2023?
- Once you are on the official Oklahoma City website, you will find the "Departments" button at the top of the page. In this section, you will find information about each of the state departments and how they work.
- In this case, you should click specifically on the "Utilities" department, which is responsible for the city's services, such as water service, recycling, or garbage removal in the city, which is what is needed currently.
- By going to the Trash Recycling & Bulky Waste program section, you can find detailed information about the features of the program and all the important facts to know. Among this information, you will find the garbage collection schedule, recycling fees, and even the forms for requesting garbage collection on specific days or holidays.
- Click on the first option, "My trash, recycling & bulky waste day."
- You will find a map to place your address and have the exact day of collection.
- At the same time, you will find the contact methods of this program in case you have any questions or complaints to make
How much does garbage collection service in OKC usually cost?
Garbage collection service in Oklahoma City is financed through municipal taxes,; therefore, no additional fee is charged to citizens for its use. In other words, waste management and collection costs are covered by the city budget and are considered essential public services for the care of the city.
However, to make this possible, there are specific regulations and restrictions on the amount and type of waste that can be disposed of. Keeping close track of what can or cannot go to the garbage and what the city will not take care of with its services. It is in this way that if these limitations are exceeded, the user will have to resort to a private entity for the collection of this garbage.
On average, the monthly cost of a private garbage collection service in Oklahoma City can be between $20 and $50 per month, depending on the amount of waste generated and the frequency of collection required. This will also depend on the limitations imposed by the company and the cost of transportation depending on the specific area.
Here's what products are accepted by the program
As we have already mentioned, Oklahoma City's garbage collection program collects a wide variety of household and commercial waste. In this way, it seeks to keep the city clean and safe for the inhabitants, thanks to a program of collection and transportation to waste management facilities. The products that are part of this collection program are the following:
- Household solid waste, such as food, paper, cardboard, plastics, glass, metal, and other materials
- Yard waste, such as leaves, branches, grass, and other organic materials
- Special waste, such as batteries, electronic devices, medicines, paints, and chemical products
- Bulky waste, such as furniture, appliances, mattresses, and other large items
In addition, the city's Utilities Department offers recycling programs for certain materials, such as paper, cardboard, plastics, and glass, among others. These materials can be placed in special containers and are collected separately for further treatment and recycling.
Which products are not part of this collection program?
On the other hand, there is a list of products that cannot be part of the program and must be sent directly to a private program. This list is available through the city's website and is constantly updated according to changes in the program. Some of these products are:
- Hazardous waste, such as chemicals, pesticides, solvents, oils, and flammable liquids
- Electronic waste, such as computers, televisions, cell phones, and other electronic equipment
- Medical waste, such as syringes, needles, medicines, and other medical products
- Construction waste, such as concrete, bricks, wood, metal, and other construction materials
- Liquid wastes, such as paints, solvents, oils, flammable liquids, and other liquids
- Radioactive waste, such as radioactive materials and equipment containing radioactive materials
- Waste from dead animals, such as farm animals, pets, and other dead animals
It is important to note that these wastes cannot be placed in normal garbage and must be taken to special facilities for proper handling and disposal.
Private companies that collect unaccepted items in OKC!
In case you own any of these products and are looking for a private company to pick them up. That is why we have taken it upon ourselves to collect a number of companies that offer these services in the Oklahoma City area.
|Plains Moving||(405) 249-0155|
|College Hunks Hauling Junk & Moving||(656) 444-7983|
|Budget Dumpster Rental||(405) 415-0435|
|Junk Boss||(405) 802-5865|
|Here to Help and Haul||(405) 544-8970|
How can I find information about the recycling schedule in OKC?
Garbage collection service in OKC varies from day to day depending on the specific area in which you are located. So your experience may be directly affected by where you live, whether recycling materials are picked up earlier or later. To find your collection schedule you will need to follow the process below:
- Once you are in the Utilities Department section of the official Oklahoma City website. You will need to go to the specific "Recycle Right" section either through the quick links located at the top of the page or in the location bar located on the left side of the page. By going to this page you will find all the information regarding recycling services in Oklahoma City. You will get detailed information about how it works and the specifications of the service
- It is there that you should click on the link that indicates "Find your trash and recycling pick-up day" which will direct you to the mapping of the pick-up services
- This section, called "My trash day" will show you detailed information about recycling pick-up in your area.
- To do so, you will need to enter your zip code or specific address on the interactive map
- This is how your personalized recycling collection schedule will appear in front of you
Is there a holiday garbage collection?
One point to note regarding holiday garbage collection is that in Oklahoma City there is no holiday garbage collection. Therefore, the city arranges for a special collection on the next business day to supplement the service.
|New Year's Day (January 1)||Garbage is collected as usual|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day (third Monday in January)||Garbage is collected as usual|
|Memorial Day (last Monday in May)||Garbage is collected as usual|
|Independence Day (July 4)||Garbage is collected as usual|
|Labor Day (first Monday in September)||Garbage is collected as usual|
|Veterans Day (November 11)||Garbage is collected as usual|
|Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)||Garbage is collected as usual|
|Friday after Thanksgiving||Garbage is collected as usual|
|Christmas Day (December 25)||Garbage is collected as usual|
Contact the City of OKC to discuss trash pickup
In seeking to facilitate trash collection Oklahoma City poses several contact methods available. These methods are:
- The Oklahoma City Utilities Hotline is available to answer questions and provide information about garbage collection and other utility services. You can call 405-297-2833 to speak with a City Utilities representative
- The City of Oklahoma City Utilities website: provides detailed information about garbage collection and other utilities, as well as a contact form to submit questions and comments. You can visit their website
- The City of Oklahoma City Utilities mobile app: allows users to receive garbage collection alerts, report problems with garbage collection, and access information about other public services.
- Social Media: Social media, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Nextdoor, and Twitter, can also be a useful way to contact Oklahoma City Utilities and get information about trash collection
- Email: If you prefer to email Oklahoma City Utilities directly, you can do so by emailing email@example.com
What time do you pick up trash in OKC?
When it comes to garbage pickup time, most garbage collection companies and the OKC City Utilities Department typically begin collecting garbage from 6:00 a.m. onward. However, it is important to note that the exact garbage collection time may vary by area and day of the week.