Trash Schedule Milwaukee • Hours, pick-up days, garbage collection
Trash pickup in Milwaukee is a service in which around 190,000 residents of the city are involved. It is one of those services that can not be missed and should always be kept in mind so that the city is clean and in working order.
This article is meant to give answers to some of the main doubts that can be generated regarding the program and its operation in the city. Following this, you will be able to keep up to date with any changes to both the garbage pickup and recycling schedule in Milwaukee.
- 1 Discover Milwaukee's Trash pickup schedule for 2023
- 2 What is the price for the Garbage Pickup Milwaukee?
- 3 What are acceptable items for garbage collection?
- 4 If you have unacceptable products, it's time to hire a private company!
- 5 Do you have recyclable products? Meet the Milwaukee recycling pickup schedule
- 6 Is there a holiday garbage collection?
- 7 Does Garbage Pickup Milwaukee have any contacts?
- 8 What are the specific Garbage Pickup Milwaukee collection hours?
Discover Milwaukee's Trash pickup schedule for 2023
- The first thing you'll need to do to see the detailed features of this program is to visit the City of Milwaukee's official website.
- Once on the website, look for the "Directory"
- Select "Health, Safety & Services"
- On the Department of Public Works page, look for the "Trash and Recycling Collection" section.
- Here you will find information about Milwaukee's trash collection program, including collection schedules, types of waste accepted, and how to prepare your waste for collection
- If you need specific information about Milwaukee's 2023 trash collection schedule, look for the "News" or "Announcements" section on the Department of Public Works page. Here you will find up-to-date information on any changes or updates to the trash collection schedule for the current year.
What is the price for the Garbage Pickup Milwaukee?
A key point in this service is that in case you hire an independent company, the price may vary according to where you live. Thus, collection fees usually range from $90 to $230 per year, depending on where you live, depending on the specific address and even the company to obtain an established budget.
It then is worth clarifying the fact that the city of Milwaukee provides garbage and recycling collection services at a tax-inclusive cost. It is in this way that the specific cost could vary and is verifiable as long as the tax payment is to be made. Furthermore, this service is available to city residents with a maximum of 1 to 4 units.
What are acceptable items for garbage collection?
The garbage collection service in Milwaukee accepts a variety of products, but it is indispensable to note that there are certain items that are not acceptable and must be disposed of properly. These items are:
- Food waste
- Paper and cardboard
- Plastics labelled as recyclable (bottles, containers, etc.)
- Aluminium and steel cans
- Clothing and textiles
- Small household appliances (e.g. toasters, blenders, etc.)
- Plastic toys
- Plastic bags (must be placed inside a larger plastic bag and tied)
What products are not accepted?
Products not accepted by Milwaukee's trash collection service include:
- Hazardous waste (e.g., chemicals, batteries, paints, etc.).
- Electronics (e.g., televisions, computers, printers, etc.)
- Large furniture (e.g., sofas, mattresses, etc.)
- Debris and construction materials
- Dead animals
- Yard waste (e.g., branches, leaves, grass, etc.)
If you have unacceptable products, it's time to hire a private company!
It is important to note that some unacceptable products can be disposed of properly through other services provided by the City of Milwaukee or private companies. For example, electronics can be recycled through the city's electronics recycling program, while large furniture can be collected through the bulky waste collection service.
Some of the best trash collection companies in the city of Milwaukee are:
|ADS Disposal services||(414) 817-1986|
|Waste Management||(866) 797-9018|
|Veolia North America||(414)-778-7000|
|Johns Disposal Service||(262) 473-4700|
|Lakeshore Recycling Systems||(262) 369-3080|
Do you have recyclable products? Meet the Milwaukee recycling pickup schedule
The recycling collection schedule in the City of Milwaukee may vary by location and day of the week. However, you can find up-to-date information about the recycling collection schedule on the City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works website. So the best way to find out your garbage day is to follow the step-by-step below to get specific information about the schedule:
- Visit the City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works website
- Look for the "Trash and Recycling Collection"
- On the Recycling page, look for the "City of Milwaukee Recycling Program" section and select "Recycling Calendar"
- On the Recycling Calendar page, select the "View Calendar" option and enter your address and zip code
- Once you enter your address, you will be able to view the recycling collection calendar specific to your area, including collection dates and times
Is there a holiday garbage collection?
In general, the City of Milwaukee provides garbage collection services on most holidays. However, there may be exceptions and changes in collection schedules on some specific days. Days where you might see a change in the operation of the garbage collection system are the following:
|New Year's Day (January 1)||No garbage collection|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day (third Monday in January)||Garbage collection is provided as usual|
|Presidents' Day (third Monday in February)||Garbage collection is provided as usual|
|Good Friday||Garbage collection is provided as normal|
|Memorial Day (last Monday in May)||No garbage collection|
|Independence Day (July 4th)||No garbage collection|
|Labor Day (first Monday in September)||No garbage collection|
|Election Day (first Tuesday after the first Monday in November)||Garbage collection is provided as usual|
|Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)||No garbage collection|
|Friday after Thanksgiving||Garbage collection is provided as normal|
|Christmas Day (December 25)||No garbage collection|
Does Garbage Pickup Milwaukee have any contacts?
Yes, the garbage collection service in Milwaukee has several means of contact to facilitate communication with residents. This is in an effort to make the relationship between the city's residents and the helpers much easier and quicker. The contact methods are as follows:
Department of Public Works website
The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works website provides detailed information on garbage collection services. This includes collection schedules, trash collection calendars, waste preparation guidelines, and hazardous waste disposal procedures.
The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works has a customer service phone number that you can call to obtain information about garbage collection services, ask questions, or file complaints. The phone number is (414) 286-CITY (2489).
You can also e-mail the City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works for information or questions about garbage collection services. The email address is email@example.com.
The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works also has a presence on social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, where updates about trash collection services are posted, as well as information about City-related events and news.
What are the specific Garbage Pickup Milwaukee collection hours?
Garbage collection schedules in the City of Milwaukee may vary by location and day of the week. However, in general, garbage collection occurs during daytime hours, beginning at 6:00 a.m. and ending at 6:00 p.m. with a fixed time that will depend directly on what part of the city you are in.
In addition, it is important to note that some items may require special collection times, such as bulky waste or certain types of hazardous waste. In these cases, you may need to schedule collection in advance or take the items to an authorized recycling or disposal centre.