Houston Trash & Recycling • Day Hours and Prices
If you live in Houston, you are probably interested in having information about trash pickup in the city. This schedule is important to residents because it lets them know when to place their large, bulky items, such as furniture, appliances and tree limbs, at the curb for pickup.
Houston's garbage collection schedule varies by location and collection district and is done once a month. Neighbourhoods are divided into four groups based on the letters of the alphabet, and each group has its own assigned collection week. It is crucial to follow specific guidelines for the placement of heavy trash, such as not placing it near trees, light poles or vehicles, and not mixing it with other types of trash.
- 1 Learn about Houston's collection program for 2023
- 2 This is the price for garbage and recycling collection!
- 3 What are the products that apply for garbage collection?
- 4 Do you have products that don't apply? Then it's time to look for a private company!
- 5 Do they pick up trash on holidays?
- 6 Do they have means of contact?
- 7 What are the specific garbage collection hours?
Learn about Houston's collection program for 2023
- To know everything about this program. The first thing you should do is go to the city of Houston's website.
- On the home page, scroll down until you find the "Trash and Recycling Schedules" section.
- Clicking on it will automatically redirect you to the interactive map, where you can enter your address and see the 2023 collection schedule for your area.
- If you would like to be updated on changes to this system and other governmental issues, we recommend that you keep an eye on the "News" section. There you will read about the latest news from Houston and its government.
This is the price for garbage and recycling collection!
Heavy waste collection service in Houston is provided by the Houston Department of Public Works and Engineering. This service is free of charge to Houston residents and is performed twice a year in every neighbourhood in the city.
It is important to note that heavy waste collection service is free to Houston residents, but there are some exceptions. For example, if a resident needs additional items picked up outside the scheduled dates, there may be an additional collection charge.
What are the products that apply for garbage collection?
- Food scraps: food scraps, such as fruits, vegetables, meat, bones, etc., can be disposed of. This waste should be placed in garbage bags and then placed in the garbage container.
- Paper and cardboard: newspapers, magazines, envelopes, cardboard boxes, etc. can be discarded. These wastes should be placed inside the garbage container or in separate recycling containers.
- Plastics: plastic bottles, food containers, plastic bags, etc. can be discarded. These wastes should be placed inside the garbage container or in separate recycling containers.
- Glass: Glass bottles, jars, etc. can be discarded. These wastes should be placed inside the garbage container or in separate recycling containers.
- Yard waste: branches, leaves, grass clippings, etc. can be discarded. These wastes should be placed in garbage bags or special containers for yard waste collection.
There are also certain products that do not apply for collection
In Houston, there are certain wastes that do not apply for regular garbage collection and must be disposed of properly by the homeowner or at approved recycling centres.
- Automobile batteries
- Electronic waste such as televisions, computers, cellular phones
- Construction waste such as debris, lumber, bricks
- Hazardous waste such as chemicals, medicines, paints, oils, etc
Do you have products that don't apply? Then it's time to look for a private company!
When you have products that the regional collection system does not accept, we recommend a private company that, although they will charge you, will take all the waste from your home. Here are some of them:
|Samson Disposal||1 713-300-3966|
|Gainsborough Waste||1 713-785-8050|
|Houston Waste Solutions||1 281-999-0030|
|Weebble Junk Removal & Hauling||1 888-995-2460|
|Waste Solutions USA||1 832-808-4755|
Do they pick up trash on holidays?
Holiday garbage collection service varies in Houston, but in general, the Houston Utilities Department provides garbage collection services on selected holidays. However, changes may be made to collection schedules to accommodate holidays.
|New Year||Trash pickup on Monday, January 2|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Garbage collection on Monday, January 16|
|Presidents' Day||No trash pickup|
|Memorial Day||Garbage collection on Monday, May 29th|
|Independence Day||Tuesday, July 4|
|Labor Day||Garbage collection on Monday, September 4|
|Veterans Day||Garbage collection on Friday, November 10|
|Thanksgiving Day||Garbage collection on Thursday, November 23rd|
|Christmas Day||Trash collection on Monday, December 25|
|Christmas Eve||Garbage collection on Friday, December 22nd Day -|
|Nineteenth Day||Garbage collection on Monday, June 19|
|Day after Thanksgiving||Trash collection on Friday, November 24|
Do they have means of contact?
The Houston Utilities Department has several means of contact to facilitate communication with Houston residents.
- Customer Service Hotline: Houston residents can call the Houston Utilities Department's customer service hotline at (713) 837-0311 for information about garbage, recycling and other services.
- Website: The Houston Utilities Department website provides detailed information about garbage, recycling and other services. In addition, the website also provides an online system for filing complaints or reporting garbage collection problems.
- Social media: the Houston Public Utilities Department is present on several social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. There they provide updates on trash, recycling and other services, as well as information on events and awareness campaigns.
- Email: Houston residents can also email the Houston Utilities Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or suggestions.
What are the specific garbage collection hours?
Garbage collection hours in Houston may vary depending on your location in the city and the day of the week. In general, the Houston Utilities Department provides garbage collection services Monday through Friday, during the morning and evening hours.
Most neighbourhoods in Houston have a garbage collection schedule that begins at 7:00 am and ends at 7:00 pm. However, collection schedules may vary depending on the location and demand for services in a given area.
It is important to note that garbage collection may take several hours to complete in each area, so it is advisable to place waste in the dumpster or at the designated collection site prior to collection start times.