Mobile Trash Pickup • Step by step to have the collection calendar
Garbage collection service is a vital part of any community, and Mobile County, Alabama, is no exception. Proper waste disposal and waste management are crucial to maintaining a clean and healthy environment for the county's residents and visitors.
It is, therefore, that Mobile offers garbage collection services through its public services department. The department is responsible for garbage collection, waste management, and proper disposal of hazardous materials. In addition, the department is also responsible for the collection of branches and leaves, as well as the disposal of construction and demolition waste.
- 1 Mobile garbage and recycling collection program in detail
- 2 How much do they normally pay in Mobile for garbage collection?
- 3 What items are collected by the service?
- 4 Private companies that provide garbage collection services
- 5 On which holidays does this program operate?
- 6 How can I contact the Mobile garbage collection program?
- 7 Garbage Collection Schedule
Mobile garbage and recycling collection program in detail
- Finding information regarding the garbage collection service in the city of Mobile is easy once you are on the government website. There you will need to go to the "Residents" section.
- Now click on the "Trash & Recycling" page, where you will find all kinds of information regarding the program.
- To get all the information about pick-up days in your area, you should click on "Residential Trash Pick up."
- Here you will find these options: "Read the Trash Collection Rules," "View North Collection Dates," "View South Collection Dates."
- Click on the last two options to view the respective calendars.
How much do they normally pay in Mobile for garbage collection?
The flat rate paid in Mobile County, Alabama, for garbage collection can vary greatly depending on the area of the city in which you reside. Although well, this collection fee is generally included in the utility bill; residents pay it monthly within one bill.
In the City of Mobile, this fee is typically around $20 per month for single-family residences, which is the standard in the area. Similarly, residents living in condominiums or apartments must pay a different rate, usually divided among the tenants. However, these rates can change over time and, as mentioned above, vary greatly depending on the specific area within the county.
The Mobile County Utilities Department also offers a range of additional services that may have an additional fee, such as building materials collection and bulky waste disposal. Residents can contact the utilities department for more information on specific services and fees in their area of residence.
What items are collected by the service?
The Mobile County, Alabama, garbage collection service collects a wide variety of solid waste. While this listing may change in the event of any adjustments, it is normally based on the collection of:
- Garbage bags
- Food waste and kitchen scraps
- Paper and cardboard
- Plastics (bottles, containers, toys, etc.)
- Glass (bottles, jars, etc.)
- Metals (cans, aluminum foil, etc.)
- Yard waste (leaves, branches, grass clippings, etc.)
- Construction and demolition waste (wood, bricks, concrete, etc.)
- Appliances and electronics (refrigerators, televisions, computers, etc.)
- Furniture and mattresses
- Hazardous waste (batteries, oils, chemicals, etc.)
It is important to note that some of these items may require specialized collection and should not be mixed with other waste. For example, hazardous waste must be handled safely and disposed of in accordance with state and federal regulations. Residents should contact the Mobile County Utilities Department for more information on the proper disposal of these materials.
List of items not allowed under this program
The Mobile County, Alabama garbage collection service has certain restrictions on items that cannot be disposed of through regular garbage collection. Below is a list of items that are generally not allowed:
- Asbestos and other asbestos-containing materials
- Medical waste and contaminated materials
- Dead animals
- Large construction debris (such as walls and ceilings)
- Large electronic waste (such as copiers and photocopiers)
Private companies that provide garbage collection services
In case for some reason you need a private company for garbage collection in your area, there are several companies in Mobile that offer this service. Some of the best companies that pose this are as follows:
|Thomas Hauling & Pressure Washing||(251) 264-0920|
|Gulf Coast Containers||(251) 443-7997|
|Advanced Disposal||(251) 445-2471|
|Advance Disposal Service||(251) 443-8555|
|W B Goodwin||(251) 973-1027|
On which holidays does this program operate?
Regarding holidays, in Mobile, the city annually establishes a list of days on which it will not work. This means that whenever services are suspended for a holiday, they will be resumed on the following business day. Therefore, the following is a list of the holidays on which this service will not work:
|Martin Luther King Jr||No garbage collection|
|Memorial Day||No garbage collection|
|Juneteenth||No garbage collection|
|Independence Day||No garbage collection|
|Labor Day||No garbage collection|
|Veteran's Day||No garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving Day||No garbage collection|
|Christmas Day||No garbage collection|
|New Year's||No garbage collection|
How can I contact the Mobile garbage collection program?
In the event you have an issue with your garbage collection service in Mobile, the city offers several methods of contact to provide a solution:
- Phone Number: You can reach Mobile County's garbage collection service by calling (251) 574-4900 or (251) 208-5311 (Public Works Department). Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
- Email: You can email the Mobile County Solid Waste Department at the following address solidwaste@mobilecountyAL.gov. Be sure to provide complete details about your inquiry or problem
- Social Media: Mobile County Solid Waste has a Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube page where you can send direct messages to ask questions or report problems
Garbage Collection Schedule
In general, garbage collection in Mobile is performed once or twice a week, on a schedule that varies depending on the area of residence and working during business hours. In addition, Mobile County trash service may also offer pickup of limbs, leaves, and other debris throughout the year, with specific schedules for each type of collection.
It is important for Mobile County residents to be aware of the garbage collection days and times in their area of residence. This will help ensure that your waste is picked up on time and avoid fines for non-compliance with garbage collection regulations.
Residents can contact the Mobile County Utilities Department for more information about specific garbage collection schedules in their area. They can also visit the Mobile County Utilities Department's website for up-to-date information on schedules and any changes to the trash collection schedule.