Norfolk Garbage Pickup • Collection Program & Contacts
To maintain a clean, organized and pleasant city, an efficient and diligent waste and recycling collection and recycling service must be worked on. Considering that the city of Norfolk is perhaps one of the oldest in the North American territory, it has always managed to stand out for its order and cleanliness. However, as users, there may be certain doubts regarding its management, calendar, schedules and many other factors.
Fortunately, knowing how the schedule of the garbage collection system in Norfolk is handled is simple. Even more so, considering that in this article, we will detail everything you need to know regarding every aspect of the service.
- 1 Want to know the schedule for garbage and recycling collection in Norfolk? Here's how to look it up!
- 2 What is the price of garbage service in Norfolk?
- 3 What products are accepted for garbage collection?
- 4 Private garbage collection companies
- 5 Is there garbage collection on holidays?
- 6 Do you have means of contact to facilitate communication?
- 7 What is the specific garbage collection schedule in Norfolk?
Want to know the schedule for garbage and recycling collection in Norfolk? Here's how to look it up!
- First, you should go to the main Norfolk city government website. Then go to the top menu that says "Government".
- When you click on it, it will send you to the menu of options within the government category. Just on the left side, you will see a column with different selectable alternatives; you must find the one that indicates "Departments".
- Immediately click on "Departments N to V".
- Again you will see a wide selection of links that will direct you to portals for different purposes, but you will need to locate the "Public Works" option located on the left menu of your screen.
- Proceed to select from all the public services interfaces the one titled "Waste management", which is the official address of the Norfolk government's garbage collection service.
- Here you will see that it also has a menu of options for any questions that may arise as a user. But, if you are looking for the updated annual schedule or calendar for the collection system, select "Calendar (PDF)". Here you will see the year's schedule and you can download it so you don't forget it.
- Now, if you are looking for the garbage collection schedule, you can click on "Collection Schedule Search" to find the search engine where you will need to enter your address.
What is the price of garbage service in Norfolk?
Even if we consider that the waste collection program is managed by a governmental entity and is considered a public service, of course, it has a cost, since, obviously, it requires this citizen contribution to continue operating normally. And, in fact, it is clearly stated in the terms and conditions of the service that only those citizens solvent with this debt will be able to enjoy the benefits of the collection program.
First, we must consider the request of the garbage container they handle. These can be requested by calling the customer service department at +1-757-664-6510. And then there is the price of the collection service, which is stipulated to be almost $5 per container if it is a scheduled or scheduled service. But, generally, the monthly cost of this collection service is $28 per month.
What products are accepted for garbage collection?
Mostly speaking, we could say that it is possible to dispose of any waste and that it will be picked up without any inconvenience by urban garbage collectors, since, on their web page they do not speak of many restrictions regarding the articles that they prohibit to collect. Therefore, in a certain way, we could affirm that, without inconvenience, you can throw in your container:
- Organic waste
- Food leftovers
- Recyclable and non-recyclable plastics
- Dead animals
- Small furniture
- Household appliances, as long as they are not large
- Residues from garden cleaning
- Among others
What products are not accepted?
Basically, the only restriction that has been placed on products that are not accepted is their size. That is to say, those items that exceed 4 feet in length and 18 inches in diameter will be left on their sides and the dumpster will be emptied. So, in case you need to dispose of something like this, you will need to hire a private waste collection service.
- Wooden or metal pieces that exceed the established limits
- Construction debris or residues
- Industrialization materials
- Containers with toxic or flammable chemicals such as gasoline or car oil
- Automobile parts
Private garbage collection companies
We know that, either because of the restrictions of public organizations or because of an extraordinary situation, it is necessary to have the contact of a private garbage company. They will be happy to help you get rid of all the garbage you have accumulated quickly and efficiently. All you have to do is make an appointment at your home and you will be able to have the service provided. Remember that each independent or private company has its price list.
|1-800-GOT-JUNK? Virginia Beach||1 800 468 5865|
|SPSA Norfolk Transfer Station||1 757 961 3981|
|Bay Disposal||1 757 857 9700|
|J4 AFFORDABLE TRASH REMOVAL||1 757 949 0537|
|Mobiledumps Norfolk||1 800 298 3867|
Is there garbage collection on holidays?
Yes, we can confirm that every day of the year garbage collection service in Norfolk operates normally and without breaks. However, there are certain holidays that may cause some delays in the city's garbage collection route. Therefore, it is highly convenient that we mention which are those dates that may affect the city garbage service.
|Family Day (February 20)||Regular garbage collection, although sometimes delayed 1 day|
|Victory Day (May 22)||They work normally but could be delayed for 1 day maximum.|
|Canada Day (July 1)||Regular garbage collection|
|Labor Day (August 7)||Regular garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving Day||Collection service may be delayed for up to 1 day|
|Christmas (December 25 and 26)||There may be delays of up to 1 day in collection|
|New Year's Day (January 1)||There are usually some delays with service|
Do you have means of contact to facilitate communication?
It is to be expected that, being a public sanitation service, they seek to maintain close communication between their users and the program. For this reason, they have set up a customer service office with executives or operators ready to resolve any doubt or eventuality regarding the service.
- Customer service phone number: Do not hesitate to call the hotline at +1-757-664-6510 in case of problems with the garbage collection service. This office is active from 8:30 am to 4 pm
- Email: Users can also contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember that, to use this means for claims or complaints, it must be one day after the scheduled date for waste collection
- Social networks: We cannot deny that one of the best ways to keep up to date with news and eventualities is by following organizations on their social networks. And, in that regard, we are pleased to state that you can learn all about this service through these platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Nextdoor
- Website: Currently, the Norfolk government's website has different sections and routes for you to consult regarding any public information
What is the specific garbage collection schedule in Norfolk?
According to Norfolk's garbage and recycling collection schedule or program, garbage or refuse containers are picked up weekly as indicated in the schedule. This also specifies that recycling is sent out to pick up these items every 2 weeks. Generally, users are instructed to make arrangements on their collection days.
You can keep an eye on the garbage collection schedule to be aware of the specific dates when the service will occur, but it is always suggested that citizens prepare their curbside containers one day before their specific date, or it is explicitly stated that their containers should be waiting for the garbage collection service from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. on collection day. Even if this service starts at 7 am.