Tacoma Trash PickUp • Collection days and service prices
According to studies conducted in the city of Tacoma, it has been established that in a single-family home, about 100 pounds of garbage are disposed of weekly. This means that one of the most indispensable services for the city's inhabitants is garbage collection. Not only for this reason but also to be able to maintain a clean environment at all times, both on the street and at home.
There are people who still do not know how essential this service is, but if we put these figures on the table, we know that it is essential for it to work properly. And this is without mentioning that sometimes there is a surplus, either due to remodeling or when we fix the lawn.
- 1 Find out about Tacoma's collection program for 2023!
- 2 What is the charge for using the garbage collection service in the City of Tacoma?
- 3 What are the products accepted by the program?
- 4 It is time to call a private company for your unaccepted products
- 5 Do you have recycling products? Here's where you can find out the pickup schedule
- 6 Does the garbage collection service work on holidays?
- 7 What are the means of communication of the program's garbage collection service?
- 8 What is the City of Tacoma's garbage collection schedule?
Find out about Tacoma's collection program for 2023!
- First, what you need to do is go to the official website of the City of Tacoma
- Once on the home page, you will notice that you will have a bar where different options appear; among them, you are going to select the one that says "RESIDENTS" to redirect you to a new page of the web portal.
- At this point, you should locate the "Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste" section to read all the information regarding the program, as well as you will also have several tips that you can employ when throwing away garbage or some recycling material.
- To get the collection schedule, click on the section on the left sidebar titled "Collection Schedule".
- In this part, you will see a search engine where you must enter your address to obtain both the collection and recycling schedule.
What is the charge for using the garbage collection service in the City of Tacoma?
Many will think that it is a single price regardless of the amount of garbage we dispose of in the dumpsters. But this is not the case, in the city of Tacoma they have a list of rates according to the weight of the garbage and for different materials. On the website, you can view this information by performing the above step and selecting the Rates option.
It is important to note that all residents of the City of Tacoma can request the installation of up to 2 dumpsters where you will be able to dispose of food and landscaping. You can also request as many dumpsters as you need for recycling products. Prices for the service are as follows:
|But by collection||Prices|
In addition, certain changes have been made to the recycling program, which requires Tacoma residents to pay an extra $2.82 per month. However, if you belong to the program, you will not be required to pay this additional amount. And in the event you wish to make a container change, you will have to pay an additional $30 per container.
What are the products accepted by the program?
It is essential that people can recognize which products are accepted by the program. Firstly because these are easier to dispose of and do not have a high degree of contamination or danger to people and the environment; and secondly because they are easier to handle, especially when it comes to garbage that may be on the curb.
- Aluminum trays and foil
- Ashes and charcoal briquettes as long as these are cold
- Empty oil or automobile fluid containers
- Cartons, regardless if they are dirty or contaminated
- Plastic or metal caps and lids
- Bagged cat litter
- Empty cement sacks
- Cigarette butts
- Non-reusable clothing
- Feminine hygiene products that must be in a bag
- Disposable diapers
- Plastic plates and cups that are dirty
- Pizza boxes
- Plastic grocery bags
- Foam rubber or Styrofoam products
- Toilet paper, paper towels, tissues
- Non-reusable toys
Products not accepted by the garbage collection program
We must pay attention to these products because if we make a mistake in any of them it can be very dangerous and harmful to the health of public employees. As well as if we do not really know how to handle them we can cause serious accidents.
- Concrete, rocks, bricks, building materials
- Hazardous waste
- Hypodermic syringes or needles
- Furniture, wood, household appliances, mattresses, carpets
- Toxic liquids
- Medical waste
- Used motor oil
It is time to call a private company for your unaccepted products
We must have a way to contact one of these companies because, in addition to being authorized to take care of disposing of the products not accepted by the collection program, they have the necessary machines and technologies to properly dispose of these types of materials or products. For that reason, we should always count on a private garbage collection company.
|1-800-GOT-JUNK? Tacoma||1 800 468 5865|
|Tacoma Recovery & Transfer Center||1 253 502 2100|
|G3 Junk Removal||1 253 240 4857|
|Gone Trash||1 253 678 5114|
|Action Junk Removal||1 253 345 4471|
Do you have recycling products? Here's where you can find out the pickup schedule
Thanks to the City of Tacoma's recycling collection program, people can now go to either of the 2 locations it has available to take their products. These are available daily from 8 am to 5:30 pm at the Tacoma Recovery Center. If you prefer to go to the other location, it works Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5:30, but this is for the hazardous waste that we sometimes handle at home.
Does the garbage collection service work on holidays?
When we discuss holidays, you must remember that if one of these falls on a collection day, there will presumably be a delay in collection days. Therefore, it is critical that in addition to knowing the collection schedules, we also know which holidays the City of Tacoma service will not be working.
|Christmas||No garbage collection|
|New Year's Day||No garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving||No garbage collection|
|Independence Day||No garbage collection|
What are the means of communication of the program's garbage collection service?
Communication in public services is critical because they are the ones that provide the service to meet or fulfill the needs of a population. In the case of garbage collection for the City of Tacoma, they must have a means of communication by which people can maintain direct contact with them.
- Social Media: You can find this service on Instagram, Twitter, and youtube as Cityoftacoma, on Facebook they are listed as City Of Tacoma - Government
- Contact Number: In case you want to call for more direct communication, you can dial (253) 591-5000
- Official Website: On the website, you will get all relevant information regarding programs and other city services
- Email: For you to communicate a matter of a higher level of seriousness or gravity, you can message them through firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the City of Tacoma's garbage collection schedule?
Generally, the pickup schedule can be found by checking the collection schedule on the website. However, an estimated schedule may be between 7 AM and 4 PM, although some companies in some cities work even earlier. You should also coordinate with the Tacoma pickup service.