Thornton Trash Schedule: Annual Calendar & Items accepted
The Thornton Department of Public Utilities Public Utilities Department provides efficient and safe garbage, recycling, and green waste collection services. This is an essential service provided to all City of Thornton, Colorado residents, although private companies may also be contracted for special occasions.
Read this article if you want to know details about everything related to garbage and recycling collection in Thornton, such as the Thornton Trash Schedule month by month, where you can take your materials for recycling, which items are eligible for trash and which are not, or modifications on holidays.
- 1 Where can I find Thornton Trash Schedule?
- 2 How to view the Annual Thornton Trash Schedule?
- 3 What are the modes of Thornton garbage pickup?
- 4 What are Thornton's Solid Waste rates?
- 5 What can I take to the IMC in Thornton?
- 6 Thornton Pickup Holidays Calendar 2023
- 7 What types of materials can be recycled in Thornton, Colorado?
- 8 Click & Haul: Extra Trash Service at Thornton
- 9 Private companies that collect trash in Thornton
- 10 FAQs
Where can I find Thornton Trash Schedule?
- Enter Thornton's official website.
- In the menu at the top of the screen, click "City Services".
- Next, a list of all city services will be displayed. Click on the "Trash & Recycling" option. In this way, you will be able to know the garbage day and recycling day.
- A new page will open. You must click on the option "View or print your trash/recycling collection schedule", as shown in the image below.
- On the next page, Trash & Recycling Calendar, you must enter the exact address of your home in the search box.
- Click on "Search" to see the Thornton Trash Schedule.
- Next, a calendar will appear with the days of the month when the garbage truck passes by your location.
What time does Thornton trash and recycling begin?
To ensure timely collection, kindly place your garbage and recycling outside by 7 a.m. on the designated day. Remember to put away your containers by 8 p.m. to avoid any potential hazards.
How to view the Annual Thornton Trash Schedule?
If you want a complete picture of all the days the garbage truck is scheduled to pass through your area, you must follow the steps above and, from there, continue with the following instructions to view the complete Thornton Trash Schedule.
- After entering your address, click "Get a Calendar" next to "Get a reminder!" as shown in the image.
- On the next page, you will be able to choose between "Add to Google Calendar", "Add to iCal" and "Add to Microsoft Outlook".
- If you don't want to add it to any calendar and want to print it or view it, click "Print a calendar".
- The entire Thornton trash collection annual calendar will be displayed next.
You don't need to print it. You can check which days the Thornton garbage pickup arrives so you can take out the garbage on time.
What are the modes of Thornton garbage pickup?
In addition to garbage pickup, Thornton offers recycling and green waste services. Recycling is picked up every two weeks, and various materials are accepted, including paper, cardboard, plastic, glass, and metal. Green waste, such as branches and leaves, is collected weekly and composted.
The city also offers special bulk trash collection services, such as furniture and appliances, as well as for hazardous waste, such as batteries and chemicals. Waste collection on the Thornton garbage pickup schedule is divided into different fields according to the process, the type of waste collected, and the special days for each, which are as follows:
- Fall Leaf Curbside Collection.
- Veolia Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off.
- Holiday Wrap Collection.
- Landfill Day.
- Tree Branch/Compost Drop-off.
- Fall Leaf Drop-off.
- Electronic Recycling Drop-off Days at Techno Rescue.
What are Thornton's Solid Waste rates?
Your water bill will reflect a monthly fee of $13.50 for Thornton's Solid Waste Collection Program, which covers a weekly solid waste collection and a bi-weekly recycling collection. Please be aware that the service allows only one solid waste black container. Additional containers will incur an extra charge, up to four. It is crucial to note that green containers with garbage will not be emptied.
|1 black container||$13.50|
|2 black containers||$16.00|
|3 black containers||$25.20|
|4 black containers||$34.40|
What can I take to the IMC in Thornton?
The IMC (Infrastructure Maintenance Center) receives waste from city residents. However, this is different with large businesses and landscaping companies. The following materials can be taken:
- Antifreeze, motor, and cooking oil in sealed gallon or smaller containers.
- Household appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, and water heaters. A
- Compost materials, including leaves, flowers, grass clippings, food scraps, and coffee grounds.
NOTE: Be prepared to open all bags on-site, and note that the IMC only accepts 3-gallon compostable kitchen bags.
Thornton Pickup Holidays Calendar 2023
In Thornton, garbage collection is affected by holidays. If the regular pickup day falls on a holiday, it will be postponed by one day. For instance, if the garbage truck usually comes on a Monday, but Monday is a holiday, the collection will take place on Tuesday. Here are the holidays in Thornton that will cause a delay in garbage collection.
|may 29||Memorial Day,|
|July 4||Independence Day,|
|September 4||Labor Day,|
|November 23||Thanksgiving Day,|
|December 25||Christmas Day,|
- Branches Remodeling debris.
- Fence panels.
- Mattresses/box springs.
- Water heaters.
- Yard waste.
- Computer monitors.
- DVD players.
- Video game consoles.
- Sod or dirt.
- Hazardous liquids or materials (paint, oil, flammable liquids, chemical cleaners, fertilizer, etc.).
- Concrete or masonry debris (gravel, driveway concrete, or wall blocks).
What types of materials can be recycled in Thornton, Colorado?
If you want to recycle in Thornton, you can go Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. to the Municipal Service Center at 88th Avenue and Colorado Boulevard. Another site you can visit from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday is the Infrastructure Maintenance Center (IMC), located at 12450 Washington Street.
IMPORTANT: Recycling locations are subject to change without notice.
Items and products you can recycle at Thornton include the following:
- Aluminum cans.
- Brown paper bags.
- Cardboard (cereal boxes, soda boxes, paper towel rolls, etc.).
- Empty aerosol cans.
- Flattened cardboard.
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Junk mail.
- Newspapers and inserts.
- Office paper.
- Plastic containers 1-7.
- Steel cans.
- Telephone directories.
Click & Haul: Extra Trash Service at Thornton
Residents of Thornton can count on our reliable service to help them declutter their garage or basement, plan a DIY room makeover, tidy up their yard or storage shed, dispose of old furniture and appliances, or clean out a rental property by requesting an extra dumpster. Enter your customer and account numbers (which are at the top right of your utility billing, below your name) to log in and schedule a date with Click & Haul.
For a nominal fee of only $65 per pickup, we can dispose of up to 6 cubic yards of items, approximately equivalent to two standard pickup truck boxes. If you require more than two full pickup loads, the cost will be $109 or more. The service fee will be conveniently added to your next utility bill for hassle-free payment.
IMPORTANT: Keep in mind that an appointment is required for this service.
Private companies that collect trash in Thornton
If you need to hire a private company to collect more garbage than the state garbage collector can take, you can contact one of the trash collection companies in Thornton. Here is a list of the most popular ones:
|Thornton Solid Waste-Recycling||720-977-6200|
|Veolia Environmental Services||303-289-4827|
|Cut Rate Hauling Trash & Junk Removal||720-434-8042|
|LoadUp Junk Removal||844-239-7711|
When the bulk pickup is scheduled for Thornton?
If you need to schedule a bulk pickup, please arrange an appointment with Click and Haul either by calling 720-977-6200 or by sending an email to environmentalservices@ThorntonCo.gov.
What should I do if my garbage or recycling bin was not collected on the scheduled day?
If your garbage was not collected on the scheduled day, you should fill out the trash and recycling service problem form by going to https://www.thorntonco.gov/government/infrastructure/trash-recycling/Pages/trash-recycling-calendar.aspx, in the "Need Help?" section. Fill in your email, address and explain the problem you have had. Be as detailed as possible to get a solution quickly.