Trash Pickup Phoenix • Program 2023, prices and schedule
For a city as populous as Phoenix to meet the challenge of managing the amount of waste produced daily, the city has implemented an efficient garbage collection system, maintaining a structure that allows the city to continue to develop while removing garbage from the streets and protecting the environment.
This model is considered a standard to follow in the United States, where innovative measures are being introduced to ensure efficient and sustainable service. In addition, government agencies strive to educate their citizens about the importance of reducing, reusing, and recycling. This has led to the reduction of waste production sent to landfills.
- 1 All the information on the Phoenix garbage collection program!
- 2 How much do they charge for trash pickup in Phoenix?
- 3 What products does this collection program accept?
- 4 If you have any of these products, don't worry, these private companies will help you!
- 5 How does garbage collection work on holidays?
- 6 What are the means of contact for garbage collection services in Phoenix?
- 7 Phoenix Garbage Collection Schedule
All the information on the Phoenix garbage collection program!
- If you're searching for information about Phoenix's trash collection program, you'll need to go directly to the city's website. More specifically in the "Trash & Recycling" section that you will find in the main menu of their website. In this section, you will find detailed news about the trash and recycling limitations that take place in the city of Phoenix.
- Once you are on the City of Phoenix Trash & Recycling home page, click on the "Find your collection day" button.
- The page will then direct you to a mini-map where you will find a detailed map of the city of Phoenix with its garbage and recycling collection limitations. On this map, you will be able to directly enter your location and the system will locate a collection schedule for your area. This schedule will be used for both garbage and recycling collection.
- Similarly, this mapping service also serves to search for any of the other services available in the city. Therefore, once you enter your address, you will have to look for the desired one in the bar on the right.
How much do they charge for trash pickup in Phoenix?
The cost of garbage collection service in Phoenix varies depending on several factors, including the size of the container and the frequency of collection. The City of Phoenix Solid Waste Services Department offers different dumpster options for trash collection, ranging from 32-gallon dumpsters to 90-gallon dumpsters.
In general, the cost of garbage collection services in Phoenix ranges from $20 to $40 per month, depending on the size of the container and frequency of collection. In addition, there are additional charges for special services, such as yard waste collection and large item collection.
It is important to note that trash collection service in Phoenix is provided by the city and is included in property taxes. Therefore, homeowners and renters pay for the service through their property taxes. However, if an additional container or higher collection frequency is desired, additional charges must be paid.
What products does this collection program accept?
Being a program that constantly updates its policies, it is advisable to constantly review which products belong to this list. It accepts a wide variety of products divided into three main fields:
- Organic waste: fruit and vegetable scraps, eggshells, food scraps, garden leaves, branches, etc
- Inorganic waste: paper, cardboard, glass, plastic (including bottles, bags, and containers), metals (including aluminum, steel, and cans), household appliances, furniture, and other non-hazardous items
- Hazardous waste: batteries, cleaning chemicals, paints, motor oils, medications, and other hazardous products must be taken to a specialized recycling center for safe disposal
In addition, Phoenix has a comprehensive recycling program that accepts many types of recyclable materials, including paper, cardboard, glass, plastics, metals, and electronics. Citizens can request a free recycling container for their household and drop recyclable items in the container for regular collection.
List of products not accepted
It is important to keep in mind that some waste is not accepted in regular garbage containers, so it is worthwhile to be clear about which products are not accepted. These products should be treated in a special way either by a private entity or by contacting the city authorities. Some of these products are:
- Construction materials: most construction materials, such as concrete, bricks, wood, and plaster, are not accepted in regular dumpsters
- Medical waste: Medical products, such as needles, syringes, medications, and medical chemicals, should not be disposed of in regular trash containers
- Tires: Tires are not accepted in regular trash containers and must be taken to tire recycling facilities
- Hazardous waste: Hazardous products, such as batteries, cleaning chemicals, paints, and motor oils, should not be disposed of in regular trash containers
- Dead animals: Dead animals are not accepted in regular garbage containers and must be taken to animal carcass disposal facilities
- Electronic waste: Electronic products, such as computers, cell phones, and televisions, should not be disposed of in regular trash containers
If you have any of these products, don't worry, these private companies will help you!
As we have already mentioned, if you have any of these products, you will not be able to dispose of them normally in the trash. So you will have to hire a private company to take care of their collection and subsequent treatment. This is because these kinds of products can be considered harmful to human health or the environment. Some companies you can hire are:
|Junk Transportation||(602) 296-7787|
|Father and Son Trash||(602) 301-5820|
|Eazy's Junk Removal||(480) 908-3081|
|ALL ELITE WORKER||(602) 784-3228|
|Best Price Junk Removal||(602) 742-9680|
How does garbage collection work on holidays?
Phoenix's garbage collection service focuses on not being affected by holidays and is fully operational on most of them. Often, the service will continue to operate normally unless it falls on a weekend. Following this, the list of holidays and the days on which they work would be as follows:
|New Year||No trash pickup (Move to the next business day)|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Presidents' Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Memorial Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Independence Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Labor Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Veterans Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving Day||No trash pickup (Move to the next business day)|
|Christmas Day||No trash pickup (Move to the next business day)|
|Cesar Chavez Day||Regular garbage collection|
|Juneteenth||Regular garbage collection|
What are the means of contact for garbage collection services in Phoenix?
In order to provide the best possible service, the garbage and recycling collection service in Phoenix offers a series of means of contact. This encourages communication between the user and the government agency. These methods of contact are:
- Customer Service Hotline: You can call the customer service line at 602-262-7251 Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m
- E-mail: You can contact this service through the e-mail addresses email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social networks: The city's social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube are active to answer any questions
- Website: The city's website has a section of frequently asked questions and answers for any inconvenience
Phoenix Garbage Collection Schedule
Garbage collection in Phoenix takes place Monday through Friday, from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm. Garbage collection days may differ depending on location and type of service, such as solid waste collection, green waste collection, or bulky waste collection.