Bulk Pick-Up Tucson • Garbage and Recycling calendar
The city of Tucson is considered one of the main cities in the Arizona desert and is constantly growing. Thus, when it comes to waste management, it is essential to maintain a free and healthy environment. Therefore, the garbage collection service is necessary to guarantee a city free of waste and pollution, preserving the natural desert area.
In this city, this service is provided by the City of Tucson's janitorial services department, which is responsible for collecting and disposing of garbage in an efficient and safe manner. They also offer a series of other services related to waste management, such as hazardous materials collection and general recycling, the latter to promote environmental care.
- 1 Find out about the 2023 garbage and recycling collection program here!
- 2 How much can Bulk Pickup in Tucson cost in 2023?
- 3 Products accepted by this collection program
- 4 Private companies that you can hire for garbage collection in Tucson.
- 5 Holiday garbage service operation in detail
- 6 How to contact the garbage collection service
- 7 What time do they pick up trash in Tucson?
Find out about the 2023 garbage and recycling collection program here!
- The first thing you need to do to find information regarding this program is to go to the city's official website.
- Once there, you will find a section that features each of the relevant city departments; in this case, you will need to go to the "Garbage & Recycling" department
- This will direct you to the "Environmental and General Services" section. That is, the garbage and recycling programs that are currently available.
- Once you are in the "Environmental and General Services" section of the City of Tucson's official website, click on the "Find your pick-up date" button.
- This portal will direct you to a specific section detailing how the garbage and recycling services work. Keep in mind that each of these services works independently so that the pickup day may vary depending on the case.
- To obtain this map, click on the "click here" button. There you will get all the detailed information about accepted materials and collection days.
- In addition, you can download 2 PDFs with much more specific information. These are Printable Recycling Collection Schedule 2023 & Printable Brush & Bulky Map & Schedule 2023!
How much can Bulk Pickup in Tucson cost in 2023?
As is the case in many cities, the cost of trash pickup service in Tucson, Arizona, is affected by several factors. Chief among them is whether the service you have at your disposal is provided by government entities or whether a private company offers it. This will directly affect how much of your budget is derived from paying for garbage collection.
In the case that the collection service is provided by the City of Tucson Cleaning Services Department, the cost of the service is included in the municipal taxes. In other words, you will not be required to pay an additional fee for garbage collection. However, it is important to note that some additional services, such as bulky waste collection, may have an additional cost.
On the other hand, private companies that offer trash collection services in Tucson usually charge a monthly or annual fee for their services. The cost of these services may vary depending on the size of the dumpster, the number of times the trash is collected per week, and other factors that will depend directly on the company.
Products accepted by this collection program
It is significant to note that some materials require special treatment when they are picked up by the garbage service. Following this, the Tucson trash collection program delineates several products which are accepted. These products are:
- Household waste: includes waste generated in households, such as food, paper, cardboard, plastics, packaging, glass, metals, textiles, and wood, among others
- Gardening waste: includes leaves, branches, and tree and shrub pruning waste
- Bulky waste: includes large objects such as furniture, household appliances, mattresses, and sofas, among others
- Hazardous waste: includes chemical products, batteries, oils, paints, and tires, among others
- Electronic waste: includes electronic products such as computers, televisions, and cell phones, among others
Which products are not accepted?
It is also worth clarifying that the program limits several products that cannot be collected. Either because these require a specialized service that must be paid for separately or because a private company must be contracted. These wastes are:
- Explosive and pyrotechnic materials: include fireworks, dynamite, explosives, and ammunition, among others
- Flammable materials: includes gasoline, motor oils, solvents, lighter fluid, and flammable chemicals, among others
- Corrosive materials: include acids, bases, lead-acid batteries, and corrosive chemicals, among others
- Toxic materials: include pesticides, herbicides, rat poisons, toxic chemicals, and medicine, among others
- Radioactive materials: includes radioactive materials, radioactive medical equipment, and materials, among others
It is significant to note that improper disposal of these materials can be hazardous to health and the environment, and in some cases, may be illegal. Therefore, it is significant to follow established waste management regulations and guidelines and to dispose of the materials properly.
Private companies that you can hire for garbage collection in Tucson.
In case you are faced with the need to hire a private service for garbage collection, in the city of Tucson there are different companies that allow this. Among these are:
|Republic Services||(520) 745-8820|
|FreeSpace Junk Removal||(520) 230-0219|
|Tucson Junkers||(520) 999-5036|
|Waste Management - Tucson Hauling||(520) 744-2600|
|Infinite Junk Removal||(520) 301-1565|
Holiday garbage service operation in detail
In general, garbage service in Tucson is suspended during the holidays throughout the year. This means that activities are suspended and reactivated the next business day following the holiday. Thus, the calendar for major holidays is as follows:
|New Year's Day (January 1)||There is no garbage collection|
|Martin Luther King Jr. Day (third Monday in January)||There is no garbage collection|
|Presidents' Day (third Monday in February)||There is no garbage collection|
|Memorial Day (last Monday in May)||There is no garbage collection|
|Independence Day (4th of July)||There is no garbage collection|
|Labor Day (first Monday in September)||There is no garbage collection|
|Election Day (first Tuesday after the first Monday in November)||Normal garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving Day (fourth Thursday in November)||There is no garbage collection|
|Friday after Thanksgiving||Garbage collection is provided as normal|
|Christmas Day (December 25)||There is no garbage collection|
How to contact the garbage collection service
In case you need to contact Tucson garbage collection service, you can do so through the following means:
- Website: Through the web platform of the city's cleaning department you are presented with the possibility to request any kind of help service. Thus providing the opportunity for anyone to make a request shortly.
- Telephone: It is possible to contact the City of Tucson Cleaning Services Department by telephone. The customer service phone number is (520) 791-3171. There is also a 24-hour emergency phone number available to report hazardous situations, such as hazardous waste spills, at (520) 791-4144.
- Email: The City of Tucson Cleanup Services Department also offers two email addresses, which are firstname.lastname@example.org and ESHelp@tucsonaz.gov.
- Social Media: The City of Tucson Cleanup Services Department also has a presence on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, and Nextdoor.
What time do they pick up trash in Tucson?
Garbage collection times in Tucson, Arizona vary by location and day of the week. In general, it is recommended that trash containers be placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled collection day to ensure that they are picked up. However, the exact collection schedule may vary depending on the location and workload of the day.