Winston Salem Trash Pickup • Process for viewing the calendar
Winston-Salem is a city located in the state of North Carolina in the United States, which has an efficient and well-organized garbage collection system. The Winston-Salem City Services Department is responsible for overseeing waste management in the city and ensuring that all state and federal regulations for waste disposal are followed.
The garbage collection system in Winston-Salem is an essential service in keeping the city clean and healthy. As such, the department offers a wide range of waste disposal services, including garbage collection, recycling, hazardous waste disposal, and bulky waste collection.
- 1 All about the garbage and recycling collection program in Winston Salem
- 2 How much do they pay in Winston-Salem for garbage collection?
- 3 List of items eligible for pickup
- 4 Private companies for garbage collection in Winston-Salem
- 5 Winston-Salem's holiday schedule and garbage collection services
- 6 Contacting the Garbage Collection Program
- 7 What time is garbage usually picked up?
All about the garbage and recycling collection program in Winston Salem
- All information regarding the garbage and recycling collection program in the city of Winston-Salem can be found on the government website. More specifically, in the "I want to..." window.
- Subsequently, under "Garbage/Recycling Collection Schedule."
- This hyperlink will redirect you directly to the informational section on garbage and recycling collection in the city.
- You can also access this section by clicking directly on the "Recycling Today Page" button on the home page.
- In this portal, you will find detailed information and each of the processes to be carried out with the collection of garbage and recycling in the city.
- Likewise, here you can find hyperlinks to each of the garbage collection calendars in the city, giving a standard so that you can have an order in the days of collection by area and relevant information related to the recycling collection service.
How much do they pay in Winston-Salem for garbage collection?
The cost of garbage collection service in Winston-Salem varies depending on the type of property and the amount of waste generated. In general, households and businesses in Winston-Salem pay an annual fee for garbage collection service, which is included in their utility bill.
According to the City of Winston-Salem's official website, the annual fee for garbage collection service will hover around $100 for single-family homes. With a slightly smaller figure for condominiums and apartments, although this is a figure that can change from year to year due to tax changes.
In addition to the annual garbage collection fee, Winston-Salem residents may incur additional charges for the collection of bulky waste, such as furniture and appliances, and for the disposal of hazardous materials, such as batteries, chemicals, and medications. These additional charges vary depending on the type and quantity of waste, so each bill will be different on a case-by-case basis.
List of items eligible for pickup
Winston Salem's garbage collection program establishes a list of valid items for collection. Thus, the garbage bags you have should include only items from this list.
- Household items such as food, paper, cardboard, plastics, glass, metals, and other non-recyclable materials from the household
- All types of recyclable materials as long as they are separated from household garbage in marked containers
- Organic compounds such as leaves, twigs, grass, and other similar materials that can be composted for later use in gardens and landscaping
- Large items such as furniture and appliances as long as you contact the large item collection program through the city's service department. If this is not the case, these products cannot be included in the garbage
- Waste that is hazardous to human health as long as it is marked or taken to an authorized disposal site
Which ones will not be collected?
On the other hand, there is also a list of waste materials that will not be collected by the garbage program. Therefore, these products must be collected by a private company or by a specialized program in order to be treated in the best way.
- Waste generated in construction such as concrete, bricks, wood, plaster, and similar. A specialized collection center should be contracted for the treatment of these materials
- Used or spare tires
- Vehicles that have been abandoned on the street
- Any kind of dead animal such as pets or wild animals
- Chemical products such as pesticides, cleaning products, household chemicals, or any such hazardous materials
Private companies for garbage collection in Winston-Salem
In case you need to contact any private companies for garbage collection the city of Winston-Salem has a variety of options. Each of them with different possibilities and options in their specialized programs that will be helpful on a case-by-case basis. It is therefore that we leave you with a list of 5 quality companies that offer their services in the Winston-Salem area.
|D&E Hauling||(336) 354-8756|
|Triple Seven Hauling Services||(336) 987-2099|
|Overflow Dumpsters||(336) 406-6314|
|Motts Hauling Service||(336) 782-8507|
|Ray’s Junk Removal||(336) 486-2047|
Winston-Salem's holiday schedule and garbage collection services
Winston-Salem through its web portal remarks the operation of its holiday calendar, thus giving an estimate of which ones will be worked in the garbage collection and which ones will not. Said calendar is as follows:
|Martin Luther King Jr||No garbage collection|
|Memorial Day||No garbage collection|
|Juneteenth||No garbage collection|
|Independence Day||No garbage collection|
|Labor Day||No garbage collection|
|Veteran's Day||No garbage collection|
|Thanksgiving Day||No garbage collection|
|Christmas Day||No garbage collection|
|New Year's||No garbage collection|
Contacting the Garbage Collection Program
Winston-Salem's residents may contact the City Services Department to obtain information about the garbage collection program, ask questions, or report problems related to garbage collection. If you would like to contact them, you may do so by the following means.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone number: 336-727-8000
- Website: The official website of the garbage collection department.
- Social networks: Facebook, Instagram, Nextdoor, Twitter, and YouTube.
What time is garbage usually picked up?
In general, garbage collection begins early in the morning, beginning at 6:00 a.m. In some areas, garbage collection may begin as early as 5:00 a.m. and in other areas, it may begin later in the morning.
It is important to note that the garbage collection schedule may change depending on weather conditions, traffic, and other factors. Winston-Salem's residents can refer to the official City Services Department website for detailed information about the garbage collection schedule in their area.
You can also contact the department directly for up-to-date information on the garbage collection schedule and any changes to the schedule. Following this way-specific information regarding the schedule and operation of the City's garbage collection service.